[置顶] 经过长达六年的研发，Linux Lab 终于迎来了 v1.0 正式版，Linux 内核与嵌入式 Linux 开发从未像今天这般简单。Linux Lab 发布 v1.0 正式版，Linux 内核开发从未像今天这般简单
Optimizing Embedded Systems using Busybox
by falcon of TinyLab.org 2013/11/20
Instant Optimizing Embedded Systems using Busybox is a micro book written bythe members of TinyLab.org, will be published this month in Packt Publishing, it isavailable for Pre-order now: http://www.packtpub.com/optimizing-embedded-systems-using-busybox/book.
This book will teach you how to build an embedded (Android Linux) system withBusybox, enhance its functionality to meet diverse system requirements, andoptimize it to provide a better user experience for embedded products (E.g.Android/Linux Smartphones or tablets).
TinyLab.org will work as a direct communication channel between the authors and thereaders, welcome your feedbacks; the related topics of this book will be deeplydiscussed here, welcome your participation.
Cover of this book
- Build and play embedded (Android Linux) system with Busybox from scratch
- Configure, compile, cross compile, and install Busybox
- Build external utilities and development environments (include Bash and C) for a Busybox-based embedded system to meet diverse system requirements
- Set up the required environment and tools for an embedded (Android Linux) system development
- Optimize multiple aspects of an embedded (Android Linux) system using some powerful Busybox applets
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to configure and compile Busybox from source code for different platforms
- Replace the original Android mksh console with Busybox ash console
- Learn to integrate new applets to Busybox
- Build a development environment such as Bash and C for a Busybox-based embedded system and use it on an Android emulator
- Tailor the system size to reduce disk and memory footprint
- Guarantee system stability with test automation
- Save on power costs to lengthen battery life and reduce charging times
- Speed up system boot time to save users’ waiting time
- Increase system serviceability with debugging and tracing methods
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for themost important and useful tasks. A step-by-step guide which provides conciseand clear recipes for getting started with Busybox.
Who this book is for
If you are an embedded system developer or Android developer who wishes tolearn to build an embedded (Android Linux) system from scratch, as well as tooptimize the system performance, then this book will be great for you. It’sassumed that you have some experience in Linux and UNIX utilities. If you are anew developer, this book will also help you to get started with Busybox andAndroid Linux development.
- 知识星球：独家 Linux 实战经验与技巧，订阅「Linux知识星球」
- 视频频道：泰晓学院，B 站，发布各类 Linux 视频课
- 技术交流：Linux 用户技术交流微信群，联系微信号：tinylab
- Android 45
- Android emulator 1
- boot speedup 1
- busybox 4
- Embedded Linux 3
- Linux 471
- Optimization 2
- Performance 3
- Power 2
- Stability 2
- Test automation 1